Did They Hate Him So?
1. He was popular with the people, and they were jealous.
2. He was different. He didn’t walk to their drumbeat.
3. He spoke differently, and they couldn’t handle it.
4. He gave people hope. He caused them to think positively.
5. He lifted people to a better life. He didn’t keep them down.
6. He made things happen that they could never have done.
7. He lifted the heavy yoke that had been placed upon the people.
8. He did things a different way.
9. He believed in common people. He elevated the “least” and the
10. He was generous. He gave of himself.
11. He brought out the best in people, and he inspired them.
12. He laid aside his wealth and became a servant.
13. He drew crowds wherever he went.
14. He was a threat to the elite’s positions of power.
15. He exposed their hypocrisy.
16. He was real. They were fake.
17. He didn’t conform to their way of doing things.
18. He spoke harshly of them.
19. He confronted them boldly.
20 He didn’t fit the description of the role he was presenting.
They hated him and said, “We will not have this man to rule over
us.” To get rid of him, they chose a fallen creature, not because
they loved that individual but because they hated truth.
In one generation the nation was